Ervin's Basil Bread
A sublime selection of the finest dried and fresh basil in combination with sea salt, a pinch of garlic and extra virgin olive oil, makes this folded bread a piece of art.
Warm through in a preheated oven for about 4 minutes.
Enjoy the Mediterranean fragrances as they embrace you.
code: BAS number: 002
weight: 340 g. 25 pieces/box
Recipes with this type of bread
Ervin's Basil Bread
* Nice stuffed Paninis:
Fill the basil bread.
Cut into three equal parts to obtain 3 large paninis or for small sandwiches into 9 parts:
- extra basil pesto, slices of tomato, curly endive, flakes of parmesan
- Italian ham with herbs, tomato, taleggio
- carpaccio of fresh tuna, sundried tomato, pecorino
For this preparation: first heat the basil bread and allow to cool. Then fill with cubes of young herring "maatjes", crushed tomato, red onion rings, fine green beans, cubes of granny smith, and finally sour cream.
- Stuffed with baked tsay and grilled vegetables.
- Stuffed with bulgur or tabbouleh, with tempura of vegetables and chickpea sprouts.
* During wintertime: filled with a firmer mornay sauce, ham and Brussels endive roll, gratinated with cheese
* Modern version of a cannibal toast:
Make sure that the basil bread is opened flat and toasted or grilled on both sides. .
Cover with fresh coarse ground beef tartare, mixed with extra virgin olive oil , a few drops of very good balsamic vinegar , Worchestershire sauce , capers , some chopped onions and baby gherkins, and seasoned with salt and pepper.
Finish the toast kanibaal with ground sea salt or salt flakes , a twist of black pepper, tufts of fresh basil leaves and sprinkle with a few drops of olive oil .
Serve this way... Oh, enjoy !and sprinkle with a few drops of olive oil
* A sublime salad :
A carpaccio of coeur de boeuf tomatoes and withandandanslices of buffalo mozzarella. .. Sprinkle with a salsa verde of basil. ...... . Marble with extra virgin olive oil and very fine balsamic vinegar. Finally season with fleur du sel and ground black pepper from the mill.
Of course you serve this dish with some slices of roasted basil bread.